Re: Herald article on DJs paid to promote diet product

At 03:29 AM 1/7/2003 +0000, Chuckigo@att.net wrote:

>fwiw: NutriSystem worked.  reduced caloric intake along with behavior
>modifications.  don't be afraid to park away from the Mall entrance; drink
>lots
>of water; eliminate beer.
>
>i dropped 60+ lbs with the help of NutriSystem back in '90.  age has
>helped to
>put more of it back on than i care to carry, but hey: beer is a good thing.
>and no, i was never "paid" by NutriSystem to endorse their product.  they're
>still going at it, although i find their current approach of "detoxifying"
>weird.
>
>- -Chuck (only sound skinny on radio now) Igo

I remember when NutriSystem came to my former station.  A salesperson for
the station was trying to round up volunteers to use the product and
endorse it.  Oddly enough there were stories out about problems with some
of the ingredients in NutriSystem.  I did a little research, developed a
local angle and ran it. Needless to say that was the last we saw of
NutriSystem...and I don't think that salesperson ever spoke to me again.
Such is life.

Dan Cole