Re: Outdated promo on WODS

On 5 Jan 2003 at 10:21, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> I get a laugh out of the "registered in book form with the US Copyright
> Office" disclaimer.  If you write any book and copyright it, isn't it
> similarly registered?  I wonder if their book is titled "There's One Born
> Every Minute"?

At this point, if you write a book, it is copyright protected without your doing anything.  But
your remedies for infringement are greatly increased by registering.

Then again, the real point is that registering with the Copyright Office is meaningless
because any author of a copyrighted work can do so.