Re: goodbye to 2002

On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Larry Weil wrote:
> Cassette players?  Go to any place that sells car audio, and you will see
> that most of the units include CD players and not cassette players.

My mom's 1999 Astro micro-bus (yeah yeah...minivan - vans are for cargo.
so there) has a Delco radio with cassette player and separate CD player.

It's a force of habit for me to think of the cassette as the in-car
alternative to radio...and it still is my preferred medium for portable
audio (CDs skip and scratch easily) so my brain always thinks "cassettes
for portable".

After all, I only bought a CD player (a Teac desktop single cd component
unit to add on to my radio) about 3 years ago...now that I'm firmly
convinced they won't go obsolete any time soon (like 8-tracks).  :)

--
Sven (I'll wait another 20 years for Mini-Disk)