RE: Michael Savage

I ignored Garrett's post, hoping to avoid a political
discussion, but I took it the same way that Paul did.

I am fairly certain that national surveys do show that
those with post-graduate degrees (masters, doctorates,
or professional degrees)are much more likely to be
Democrats than Republicans.  But, on the other hand,
those who didn't finish high school are also much more
likely to be Democrats than Republicans.  When it
comes to everyone else (high school and college
grads), the population is pretty much split.  I don't
have a source at hand to verify this info, but I have
read such on several occassions and believe it is
generally accurate.

As for Paul's comment that people working in
broadcasting are more likely to be left of center,
that has been my experience as well.  I worked at a
couple of radio stations where the owner and I were
the only Republicans.  Larry -- I do not think Paul
was implying that this was the result of any kind of
hiring bias.  I think it is simply a fact that people
drawn to the performing arts tend to be liberals.  And
broadcasting is sort of a wing of the performing arts.
 Also, anyone interested in making money, which most
of us Republicans are interested in, would choose
another career.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine