Re: Michael Savage

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:43:10 -0500 "Sean Smyth" <ssmyth@suscom.net>
writes:
> Last night, for the first time, I had the occasion of listening to
> Michael
> Savage's show. I appreciate the conservative right quite a bit, but
> Savage
> is just short of being a xenophobe. I can't remember the last time I
> heard
> someone being so blatantly anti-immigrant, anti-non-American. etc. I
> bring
> this up because I wonder how Savage's act is playing on "THE talk
> station"
> in one of America's most liberal regions.

That is a point that I have wondered about now and again especially while
I was at WCAP.  How is it that in a region that is supposed to be
liberal, conservative talk show hosts do so well, is it the liberals want
to hear what the dark side is saying?  Outside of Jim Braude and Mike (is
he still on?) Barnicle I can't think of any other talking heads that I
could definitely call liberal, but then again I don't listen to
commercial talk radio all that often.
df