Re: WMWM taking a week off...

Hi Aaron:
    I totally agree with you about the FCC 3 minute
requirement.  My stations are ready for that.  I use
the Sine-Systems remote control systems with the
automatic call-up feature if the station goes out of
any parameters. I can control the transmitter to
turn-on or off with any touch-tone phone.  I also keep
backups on "warm-standby" if the main fails.  So, I
don't know why the WPAA's or the WDOM's of the world
run dead carrier during breaks.  On top of that,
running dead carrier without hourly legal ID's is not
legal.  At least WMWM shut's down completely when no
programming is present.  I would like to see WMWM run
24/7 myself, even when the students go home.  73.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)