Re: Sox (and WEEI?) nix WWZN deal

Kevin Vahey writes:
> Globe reports WWZN was to become spanish flagship for Sox but someone
> said "no way jose"

Can WEEI actually make a decent profit on that $8 million a year they spend
for the Sox? Just four or five years ago, they were complaining about paying
$4 million per.

The move would make no sense to me. Sure, WWZN has a blowtorch signal and it
gives WWZN a connection to the Sox, but disenfranchising a good deal of your
prime demo (18-34 males that presumably speak/comprehend English) 162 times
a year isn't too smart. I am presuming many of those 18-34 males are not
fluent in Spanish. Maybe Paul Allen is that desperate for the coin...

Bill Griffith has quietly become the best media reporter of any flavor in
the market. He may not be Jack Craig but he actually does more than recite
press releases nowadays.