Re: Fwd: Re: WPAA Hasn't Broadcast Anything In Weeks

>Well, this has been the situation for weeks, well before
>such putative tests...and it's no excuse.

If it really bothers you that much, then do something about it.

Contact someone (preferrably the Chief Engineer) at a local station
whose signal would be negatively impacted by WPAA's dead carrier.
For this to have real impact, it would have to be a nearby co-channel
or first, second, or third adjacent channel.  (At a quick glance,
I'd think WJUL Lowell, being a first adjacent, would potentially
have grounds for complaint.  Co-channel WMWM Salem might be too far
away, but would probably be the best second choice.)  Let them know
that WPAA's dead carrier is messing up your reception of their station.
I don't know if one listener complaint alone would get the CE inspired
enough to complain in turn to the FCC, but it certainly couldn't hurt.
Additional listener complaints would certainly help.

The FCC will pay attention when one station's CE points out flaws
in another station's operation that negtively impacts them.  The
feds do not pay much attention to gripes on a mailing list, though.

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu