Re: Cellphones while driving - article in Boston Herald

--- "A. Joseph Ross" <lawyer@attorneyross.com> wrote:
> I find it outrageous that preventing traffic
> fatalities is being subjected to a bean-counting
> analysis.

Such analysis is done all the time.  We could prevent
traffic fatalities by lowering or more strictly
enforcing speed limits but we have decided that the
costs of doing so are too high.  There are lots of
additional safety features that could be mandated for
cars but we have decided that those costs are too
high.

Of course, many broadcasters would favor banning cell
phones in cars to increase radio listening.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoin ham, Maine