RE: Dead FM Broadcasting Technologies

I never owned the Quad receiver, but I still enjoyed the remixes of SQ
records played through 2-channel.  On Chicago's mid-70s albums, the
horns sounded absolutely brilliant.

I have a couple of LPs recorded in CD-4, and I think the opposite is
true.  When played in 2-channel, there's something missing.  (I guess
I'm just not getting deep enough into those grooves.)  On Nilsson's
"Jump Into The Fire," there is so much extra echo on his voice.  I'm
sure it was added to the mix to enhance the quad effect.

-Lou