Re: Comcast merger FAQs

Larry Weil wrote:

>>They sell dish covers that are supposed to prevent snow buildup. Last
>>year was not exactly a big one for snowfall, but I didn't have one minute
>>of signal interruption due to snow.  Part of the reason is the low angle
>>of the dish in our northern US location - the dish is so far tipped over
>>on its side that the snow falls out.  I've also experienced only a few
>>minutes of rain fade during the heaviest of storms.
>
>I concur, I have had very few weather related problems with my dish, which
>goes back to when they cost $700.  I think you are believing the rumors
>spread by the cable companies more than anything else.

My parents have had one for quite a while--mid 90s anyway, and the only
weather-related problemss they have is some buffering/digital breakup/frame
freeze when a storm is approaching (and even then, not every storm).  It
can be annoying, and for some reason some channels are affected more than
others.  Of course it's the channels you want to watch that are most affected.
:-/   Snow buildup hasn't been an issue.