Re: Comcast merger FAQs

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 10:50  PM, tklaundry@juno.com wrote:

> Dave writes:
> It'll be interesting to see how many of those sat tv dishes in your
> neighborhood survive the winter if we have any kind of significant
> snow.  From what I am told by people who have sat tv you have to keep
> the dish clear, much like you do at radio and tv stations, or you lose
> your signal,  that's one of the reasons we rejected sat tv at the boat
> club.  Not exactly an equal footing with cable.

They sell dish covers that are supposed to prevent snow buildup.  Last
year was not exactly a big one for snowfall, but I didn't have one
minute of signal interruption due to snow.  Part of the reason is the
low angle of the dish in our northern US location - the dish is so far
tipped over on its side that the snow falls out.  I've also experienced
only a few minutes of rain fade during the heaviest of storms.

Mark