Re:Re: Comcast merger FAQs

---------- Mark Laurence <mlaurence@mindspring.com> writes:
On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 09:55  PM, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> So, I think the FCC doesn't view it as a monopoly when
> there is only one 'cable' in town....they consider Sat
> TV on an equal footing.

>Mark writes:
>snip<
>, satellite TV is great, and
>about 30% cheaper than cable.  And it's growing fast in
>popularity...I'd say 15% of the households in my Boston neighborhood
>have dumped AT&T cable and have dishes.
>Mark

Dave writes:
It'll be interesting to see how many of those sat tv dishes in your neighborhood survive the winter if we have any kind of significant snow.  From what I am told by people who have sat tv you have to keep the dish clear, much like you do at radio and tv stations, or you lose your signal,  that's one of the reasons we rejected sat tv at the boat club.  Not exactly an equal footing with cable.
df