Re: Comcast merger FAQs

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 09:55  PM, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

> So, I think the FCC doesn't view it as a monopoly when
> there is only one 'cable' in town....they consider Sat
> TV on an equal footing.

This is only true if you have a treeless view of the southwest sky at
about a 30 degree angle from some place that's either on your property,
or meant for your exclusive use if you have an apartment.

If you're lucky enough to have the view, satellite TV is great, and
about 30% cheaper than cable.  And it's growing fast in
popularity...I'd say 15% of the households in my Boston neighborhood
have dumped AT&T cable and have dishes.

Mark