Re:RE: Comcast merger FAQs

Tony Wrote:
>Well, not in metro Boston. I know that RCN has been in Boston, >Brookline, &
>Somerville  for the past two-three plus years.
>snip<
>They were supposed to be moving into the
>Burlington/Billerica area two years ago but I never heard a word about >progress in Billerica and am not
>sure of
>the status of RCN's broadband services, if any, in Burlington.
>snip<

Dave writes:
RCN did make overtures to officials in Lowell but backed out and I am not aware that there is any alternative to ATT in this area.  If there is I'd like to know, I am also the treasurer of the Lowell Motor Boat Club and quite frankly we are very unhappy with the service we get from ATT so if I can make a phone call and get another cable provider to talk to us that would be wonderful...however,I don't think that can happen.
DF