Re: Comcast merger FAQs

At 04:22 PM 11/19/2002, Joseph Pappalardo wrote:

>Just to kink the 'knee-jerk reaction' of Rebublicans being
>"mega-merger-maniacs"...let's remember that the famed telecommunications
>bill which changed the landscape of our industry (forever?) was passed by
>the Democrats who were in control at the time.
>
>BTW...Wasn't Sen. Markey(D) gonna keep an eye on the cable industry for us?
>Seems he only spoke out agains the industry when it suited him.
>
>(This isn't a  R vs. D issue...they *all* did a big pant-load on this
>industry.)
>
>JP

Agreed - the Democrats are pretty dirty here too...arguably just as
dirty.  And the Telcom Act is a shining example, although it was passed by
a Republican Congress, wasn't it?   Just recently there was a big spat in
Texas with a long-time Republican...Dick Armey, I think...being pissed
about media consolidation because he felt it was what made his son lose in
a state political race.  This after years of saying media consolidation was
a great thing.  Yeah...it's great until it happens to you,
right?  Jeeeeezzzz....

Now you know I switched to Green...call me a spoiler, I don't care.  :-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels Technical Consulting / Boston, MA
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron