Re: 1965 Blackout Airchecks

Being only 5 at the time, my memories of that night are dim (sorry) but I have always been under the impression that I was watching Bozo when the lights went out.  (please correct me if I'm wrong). My only other memory of that night was providing candles to the neighbors as we usually did during blackouts because we were Jewish and always had Sabbath candles.
(Did we not have more blackouts back then??)
  My biggest regret is that, not yet having become a radio geek, I didn't get excited at the possibility of AM DX at that point in my life.  That wouldn't come until about 7 years later.  I missed a great opportunity.

phyllis