Boston TV Blackout 11/9/1965 (was: 1965 Blackout Airchecks)

I was watching "The Major Mudd Show" on Channel 7 at
the exact time the power outage was beginning occur
(around 5:30 PM).  I noticed our lights in Randolph
were dimming and (I could swear) that I was also
noticing the commercial on Channel 7 (an ad for some
toy rifle) was slowing, starting up and stopping
several times.  Apparently, the power on Brookline
Avenue in Boston (Channel 7's old location) was
failing about the same time.  I never saw anything
like that before.  Finally the power completely failed
and we were without power for the rest of the night.
My Dad was on the way home from Mattapan and was stuck
in traffic for a little while.  When he came home at
about 6:30, my brother's birthday party was light up
with candles and a battery powered lamp. WEEI was on
the air with news and info about the outage. What a
long night it was for this 6 year old kid!

73,
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts