Re: Live Shots

At 09:39 AM 11/17/2002, Sean Smyth wrote:
>Aaron writes:
> > $20 says that the reporter is in front of a bluescreen on a chilled
> > soundstage (fogged breath) and some poor freezing cameraman is the
> > only one actually live on the scene, shooting the backdrop.
> >
> > If that's not true already, I have no doubt it will be before long...
>
>Cokie Roberts did this during a newscast once (with file footage of the
>Capitol running behind her) and ABC got a bunch of flak over it.

Funny, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart does it most every night - and
they're pretty blatant about it, with just still images, not video, behind
the "anchor".   Nobody complains about them!   ;-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135