Re: 1965 Blackout Airchecks

At the time Holyoke had a natural gas powered jet turbine and their municipal power plant.  When the switchboard operator saw problems on the grid he disconnected Holyoke and went to local power that is how we retained power.

 WHYN AM, FM and TV all had transmitters in Holyoke they still do tv is now WGGB.  I do not remember if they were sending  out programming as their studios were on Liberty St. in Springfield.  And I know as of a couple of months ago when WGGB lost power  the studios do not have a generator to power the TV
station.  But there may have been a small generator for the radio stations