Re: WBZ-AM Living In The Past

Aaron 'Bishop' Read wrote:
>I'm pretty liberal...but it always amazes me that people think WBZ is such
>a better news source than WBUR.    I mean, I ask relatively random people
>about it, and they tell me WBZ gives them the facts, plain and simple, but
>WBUR/NPR is full of wishy-washy crap.

I'll stay out of the liberal vs conservative part, but WBZ gives the
impression of being a better news source because it's fast-paced and
concise.  Public radio tends toward longer (often rather dry) in depth
coverage & analysis.  Not, as they say, that there's anything wrong with
that, but their pieces tend to go on and on and on, while WBZ hits the
highlights...a national story, a local story, the sports, traffic & weather
all in the time that NPR is analyzing the political climate in Iraq.  I
also find the announcing style gets annoying after a while...where do they
get all these prissy-sounding announcers?  Hey, at least Boston has
multiple news stations...pick the one that suits your style.