RE: Political ads with phone numbers

At 11:10 PM 11/3/2002, Larry Weil wrote:
>At 12:50 PM -0500 11/3/02, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>>On 3 Nov 2002 at 11:34, Paul Hopfgarten wrote:
>>
>>>  She (NH's O'Brien) is banking on the "MA resident moving to NH" voters to
>>>  check off her name for "Governor's Council" (We do NOT call it that here
>>>  in NH) thinking their voting for MA Governor.
>>
>>It's an old political trick, the most successful example of which was
>>John F. Kennedy, who
>>was elected state treasurer of Massachusetts three times in the 1950s
>>without even
>>campaigning.  The trick failed when he tried to run for governor in
>>1960.  People knew in 1960
>>that Senator John F. Kennedy was running for President, not governor.
>
>I have met the person under discussion, and her name really is Shannon
>O'Brien.  So what else can she do?
>--
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH

Sheldon Whitehouse (pronounced "White House") is a pol in Rhode Island
(Atty General I think) and he gets some flak for it since it's hard to
refer to him and anything about the White House building in the same
paragraph, which isn't uncommon during Presidential races.   I know the two
Cahill's here in Mass have had issues trying to distinguish themselves from
each other, even though they're running for different offices.  And until
recently I often got Kevin and Brian Honan confused.

Dynasties can be a real pain in the arse, eh? :-)

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135