My Take On Political Ads

Much has been written here about the NH candidates runnings ads on Boston-area
radio and TV.  This is quite understandable...but a few weeks ago
I was in far western Mass, where the major media are in Albany, NY and I
didn't see or hear any Massachusetts-oriented political advertising at
all on these outlets.  There are tens of thousands, if not more than 100K-humans of
voting age living in an arc from Great Barrington to the Adamses, and
they either receive over-the-air or cable signals from channels 6, 10,
13 and 23;  to the extent that commercials sway voters at all, it seems
to me that some candidates  should have considered doing what the NH
pols are doing, and run spots from Albany-based stations.  This goes for radio, although I stick pretty much to non-comms like WAMC and
siblings and WMHT-FM. (Always the radio geek, when I drove to Pittsfield to get my Sunday Globe, I went over to the WBEC-AM 1420
site to see if the torrential rains had flooded their transmitter...it was still above water level, although the adjoining
strip mall where the local cineplex USED to be had enormous puddles.)

Laurence Glavin
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup