Re: Political ads with phone numbers

>>Putting in the phone number makes it an "issue ad", and thus subject to different rules.<<

According to the Communications Act, if the candidate's voice and/or image is in the ad, it's sponsored by the candidate or an entity authorized by the candidate, and it's within the prescribed "window" for LUR political ads, it's a political ad, regardless of its other content.  I suspect that the phone numbers have to do with the changing laws regarding the use of "soft money" for purchasing such ads.

Sid Schweiger
MIS Manager, Entercom Boston LLC
WAAF-WEEI-WQSX-WRKO-WVEI