Re: Les Expos en Boston?

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:03:36 -0400 "A. Joseph Ross"
<lawyer@attorneyross.com> writes:

> I wonder why the Red Sox would want to lease Fenway Park and help
> promote their
> competition.

My guess is they might consider it for the cash.  The new owners of the
sox shelled out an awful lot of money for a team that plays in the
smallest ballpark in MLB and from what I understand John Henry and
friends don't have the concession rights at Fenway, I thought I heard the
partners auctioned it off prior to Henry's purchase which I believe was
the main motivating factor behind closing Yawkey Way on game days in
order to sell concessions.
df