RE: Les Expos en Boston?

Dave Faneuf writes:

>My guess is they might consider it for the cash.  The new owners of the
>sox shelled out an awful lot of money for a team that plays in the
>smallest ballpark in MLB and from what I understand John Henry and
>friends don't have the concession rights at Fenway, I thought I heard the
>partners auctioned it off prior to Henry's purchase which I believe was
>the main motivating factor behind closing Yawkey Way on game days in
>order to sell concessions.
>df

Gil Santos pointed that out on his bottom-of-the-noon-hour sports commentary
on 'BZ - that John Henry's syndicate being deep in debt because of the Sox
purchase, would welcome some sort of revenue stream from the Expos leasing
Fenway.

This whole Expos to Boston thing sounds like something Bud Seilig would cook
up. And keep in mind that the current Red Sox ownership crowd are pretty
much Seilig's lap dogs [remember Seilig did his best to engineer the 'Sox
pruchase by the Henry group, inspite of other, better offers for the team].
Thus IMHO the 'Sox ownership would raise little objection to the Expos
coming in.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)