Re: FW: Les Expos en Boston?

> >The New York Daily News reports in today's editions
> that Major League
> >Baseball is considering relocating the Montreal
> Expos, moving the team to
> >Boston on a temporary basis.

Not sure what current Sox owners would think of this.
I'd think the previous regime (John Harrington et al)
would have definitely objected, the same way Baltimore
Orioles owner Peter Angelos does _not_ want the Expos
to move to Washington, DC/Northern VA. It's
competition, pure and simple. Even a poorly-performing
NL team would (they'd think) take money/ attention
away from the AL team.

The Red Sox _could_ make some money off a deal in
which the Expos could play at Fenway, as they do
own the park, and fans would get to see some NL
teams (in addition to the ones playing the Red Sox
via interleague play). But would the Sox want
_another_ Major League team in town, even on a
temporary basis, since that would take at least
some attention away from the Sox?

Then again, if they could put those Expos games
on Sox-owned NESN...