FW: Les Expos en Boston?

Scri/obh Sea/n Smyth:

>The New York Daily News reports in today's editions that Major League
>Baseball is considering relocating the Montreal Expos, moving the team to
>Boston on a temporary basis. The team would lease out Fenway Park when the
>Red Sox travel out of town. Would the Boston media pay any attention to the
>Expos, or would they get even less media attention than they did in
>Montreal? I wonder if they would even be able to find radio and TV outlets
>to air their games here (though I am sure that is a small consideration in
>this whole thing). According to Boston.com, Red Sox president Larry
Lucchino
>denied that such discussions have taken place.

Well at one time, you know we *DID* have an NL baseball team here as well as
the Red Sox. Said NL team now then moved to Millwaukee, then to Atlanta. I'm
speaking of the Braves, of course.

I think if the Expos moved to Boston, and performed well, say, for instance
they win 100+ games or got to the NLCS, or the World Series, and if the Red
Sox continue to do their usual second-half-of-the-season choke, then I think
the Expos could receive some media interest.

I don't think it would be much of a problem to find play-by-play radio and
TV outlets in Boston.
Pure speculation on my part, but on the radio side WWZN (1510) or 'TKK
(96.9) might be interested,IMHO.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)