Re: WROR/WZLX

Eli Polonsky wrote:

>Carter Alan and Chuck Nowlin still try to maintain a little class at 'ZLX
>in the daytime, but their nighttime and weekend jocks often sound like
>they're
>trying hard to prove that they're "party animals", like their target
>audience.
>WROR seems to be going more for a demographic of adult professionals who
>grew up with the music the first time around. WZLX seems to be courting
>more of
>the younger money-spenders in their 20's and early 30's who were handed down
>the legacies of Led Zep, Pink Floyd and such major rockers later on.

This sort of begs the question as to why a classic rock station is
targeting Gen Xers in the first place.  I thought this generation was
mainly interested in punk/new wave/altrock (even at the expense of more
pop-oriented 80s stuff).  Seems odd that they're embracing their parents'
music (not that it was ever escapable at any time in their
lives).  Dude!!  Journey!!!  Allright!!!