Re: Primary aftermath

--- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
> There was no discussion prior to her remarks or
> following her remarks
> about abortion, abortion rights or Romney's stand on
> abortion.  As for
> born again Christians being called bigots all the
> time, that makes it
> alright?   So, I guess using that line of thought if
> some white man
> married to a black woman was running for office it
> would be okay to use
> the expression that I'm sure you all know but I
> won't even put in the
> email?  I don't think so!

Am I missing something?  Are Mormons often called baby
killers?  If not, it is not too much of a logical leap
to think that the women was talking about the
candidate's position on abortion.  With that context,
I think the comparison you made above is ridiculous,
unless baby killer is an insult often hurled at
Mormons.  I think the "baby killer" remark, as
offensive as it is, has nothing to do with Romney's
religion because it is a reference to a political
position held by the individual.  And a position that
I believe is inconsistent with the position of most
Mormons.

Would you bleap someone who called Romney that Morman
tax cutter?  Or someone that just called him a baby
killer without reference to his religion?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine