Re: Primary aftermath

--- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
> I don't recall his religion being a campaign
issue,
> I thought the Kennedy
> campaign trotted out employees of his venture
> captial groups that had
> been screwed over.  I could be wrong but that is
my
> recall on it.

I looked it up:  According the November 11, 1994
Boston Globe Senator Kennedy told Andy Hiller of
WHDH-TV that it was appropriate to scrutinize Romney's
religion.

The story also side: After the primary landslide Sept.
20 by the "millionaire Mormon," as Liz Walker
referred to Romney that night on WBZ-TV, US Rep.
Joseph P. Kennedy II told the Herald that blacks were
excluded from the Mormon priesthood. In fact, the
church lifted that prohibition in 1978.

Would you have bleeped Senator Kennedy?  Congressman
Kennedy?  Or Liz Walker?

The same story also said that the striking workers
from a Romney company were the turning point in the
campaign.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine