Re: Primary aftermath

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:56:23 -0700 (PDT) Dan Billings
<billingsdan@yahoo.com> writes:
> --- Dave Faneuf <tklaundry@juno.com> wrote:
> > A woman called in obviously
> > talking about the
> > primary and discribed Mitt Romney as that "Morman
> > baby killer" and WBZ
> > didn't bleep it out.

>snip<

> I wouldn't have hit the button on that one.  The
> remark is certainly offensive, but none of the words
> are the ones that can get a station in trouble.
> Romney is a public figure and he is Mormon and
> pro-choice.  I don't think that makes him a
> baby-killer, but such remarks are part of the rough
> and tumble of politics.  I also think they work
> against those who say such things.
>
> -- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

I disagree, I would have bleeped it out.   She called Mormon's baby
killers I don't consider that political.  What is the difference between
that and insulting other religious groups with inflamatory remarks.  I
doubt anything like that would be allowed on the air if it were said
against someone who is Jewish or any other "mainstream" religious group.
df