Re: WSMN Nashua

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:39:07 -0400 SteveOrdinetz <steveord@bit-net.com>
writes:
> Dan Billings wrote:
> >Why is the local content fed to the affiliates at all?.  Elements
> that
> >were not meant for the
> >affiliates were run from the cart deck that was only
> >in program, saving the guy who was out of the studio
> >when the announcer called for the legal ID.  Not a
> >real tough issue to deal with.
>

> Dunno.  Most, if not all of the major networks (WW1, ESPN, etc.) use
> fill
> PSAs during local avails.  Some smaller networks do it that way,
> others
> just feed the program bus to everyone, still others have no fill
> whatsoever.

At WBUR we feed the national programs directly to the uplinks and
actually take our own programs off the satellite so there is no local
content on the national feed.  The programs (Connection, On Point, OAG
etc) fill the breaks with music and national funders, we cover the breaks
with our own local funders.
df