Re: Ron Landry

Ron Landry was one of the reasons I got into radio.  When he started at WBZ he wa son across from Dan Donovan on WMEX.  This was the last of the orignial Dan Donovan's, and he called himself Tiger Dan.  So Ron Landry responded by calling himsel Buffalo Ron.

I loved his cast of characters:  Googie Pringle the paperboy; Hemingway Monroe, who would do traffic reports while standing on the median strip of Route 128; Geats Bromo, proprieter of the Vincent Van Go-Go Espresso Coffee House in the basement of the WBZ building (later renamed the Self-Contained Eletronic Bomb Shelter); the coffee break guy; Calhoun from Maine.

Not to mention his excellent use of drop-ins...way before they became the norm on morning zoo shows.

The last time I heard him was on the Comedy Show (syndicated out of St. Louis) that WBZ ran on Saturday night in the early 80's.  Hudson & Landry were featured in a couple of epidsodes.