Re: Fwd: Re: FCC To Hold Hearings On Ownership Limits

On 14 Sep 2002 at 12:53, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> It's been observed lately that although the public at-large
> doesn't overtly complain about the changes in radio (I'll
> leave off television), they HAVE voted with their dials.

The August issue of MAD Magazine contains a feature entitled "Mad's 50
Worst Things About Music."  It includes a number of things that we have
been discussing here and on LTAR.  For example:

1. Record companies that charge $18 for a CD that costs them 75 cents to
make ... then go to Congress and complain that Napster is stealing.

11. Phase One of commercial radio's master plan -- to play the same eight
crappy songs over and over until no one can stand it -- is complete.
Phase Two -- to make desperate chumps pay for the "miracle" of satellite
radio -- is officially underway.

23. Pointless Washington D.C. hearings on music that just so happen to
occur every election year.  That way, Senators can dupe their voters into
thinking that they're "doing something about" Rap (Although it's always
classic comedy to watch dumb old white guys trying to discuss the
Constitutionality of shizzling one's nizzle.)