Re: Phillips Academy Andover Open; WPAA-FM Is B-a-a-a-ck

WBRS and WRBB were both originally on 91.7, but WMFO was always on 91.5 for
as long as I remember, even at their old 10 watt (18 watt ERP) circularly
polarized power, which actually came in better in many areas to the west
and
south of Medford than their current extremely directional 125 watts.

I remember WMFO doing a test broadcast on 91.5 back around 1970 or '71,
playing a repeating loop of "Rubber Duckie" from Sesame Street. Some
regular programming began the next day or so.

>During the madhouse that this process was, a lot of bizarre exceptions
were
>made, including WBRS's getting 25W ERP (they had to sign an agreement with
>third-adjacent WZLX that nobody who worked in the Rabb Graduate School
>building was a WZLX listener...because within that building (which the
WBRS
>tower is on) WBRS nukes WZLX...

I recall WBRS claiming they had 35 watts ERP back when they were at 91.7.

Eli Polonsky

http://mail2web.com/ .