Re: WCAP web site??

gf wrote:
>980wcap.com was owned by a former program host who is no
>longer with the station who decided he wanted to take his bat and glove
>with him so to speak.

Dan Billings added:
> Both processes take time so WCAP may have switched so
> they could get a page up immediately.  Both processes
> also cost money to pursue so WCAP may have decided the
> issue wasn't worth the fight.

Perhaps the problem is that WCAP allows (i.e. does not regulate,
control or advise) an employee to register a domain, do what they
please and take it with them when they leave.  Which, is a shame.

If I have read trademark law properly, it is required that the owner
of a trademark must take reasonable steps to guard their trademark
and prevent its passage into the public domain e.g. Aspirin - a
trademark of the Bayer Corporation - still in force in Canada - where
one may purchase a bottle of salicylate manufactured by anyone, but
Aspirin may only be sold under the Bayer label.

I remember when Coca Cola took HoJo to court for serving generic cola
when a customer requested a Coke (not sure what the menu read).
Thereafter, if you asked for a Coke, the waitress would say "I'd be glad
to serve you HoJo Cola!"

Roger