Re: Phillips Academy Andover Open; WPAA-FM Is B-a-a-a-ck

That doesn't apply to WPAA (they're not WPAA-FM, actually) - as they're a
granfathered class A facility (25W/64m horizontally polarized only). How
can a facility with the same class as WFNX (not a qualitative assessment)
be permitted to operate in such a way? There were a number of days when as
CE of WJRH (104.9 - Easton) I took a walk to the basement of Hogg Hall to
shut down our 8W signal because we were just dead air (or because someone
left some bad pseudo-jazz cd on infinite repeat, thinking that was better
than being dark). What a waste of spectrum.

Yes, I keep hearing derisive comments about some FCC 'connection' - but
I'd like to see how this is different from the reports we continually see
about AM stations operating with daytime power at night, failure to switch
to nighttime patterns, etc. This sloppiness goes on because statistics
show that the likelyhood of receiving a NOV is very low. Do we do more
than report it here? Are there FCC isteners on this list?

I know I'm sounding idealistic - and I do know how the cynics view the
world. It's just disappointing that there isn't more attention paid to the
details.

-Peter Murray (N3IXY)
Pittsburgh, PA