Re: MNF

Game was on both WCCC 106.9 Hartford and WAQY 102.1 Springfield, both on
the Pats network. WPOP 1410 Hartford carried Yankees-Tigers; not sure if
they picked up MNF in progress after the baseball game.

I can't say that the Pats' presence on WCCC has made me any more
interested in its music programming; active rock is still not my cup of
tea. I'm still an occasional listener to WAQY, which had a spot on my
presets anyway. Since both of these stations, as well as WBCN in Boston,
are well established in their musical formats, I wonder if the
sought-after listener who tunes in for the Pats and finds he likes the
music even exists. These stations do nothing with football outside of
the Pats time slot, so why would a sports fan who'd never liked the
station's music before be tempted to give it another try?

I suppose classic rock fans who punch up WAQY on a late Sunday afternoon
and find football there instead might just punch up WHCN or WDRC-FM
instead and leave the radio there afterward, costing 'AQY a few ears,
but a few lost listeners on Sunday evening isn't exactly going to cause
the bean-counters there sleepless nights.

Howard