Re: MNF

--- Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
> Remember, when the 'BCN deal first came out, the
> word on the street
> was that Kraft did not want to be associated with
> amplitude
> modulation.

This year, the Pats or WBCN appeared to have used the
Patriot success to get the team on FM stations around
the region.  Last year, in Portland, the Pats switched
from JJ's Big Jab stations, one of which is an FM, to
WZAN, which is AM.  This year they switched to WBLM.

Another thought:  the Pats are huge now, but what
about when they are in a down period?  I imagine the
affiliates are on a year=to-year contract so there is
not much risk, but if they have a down year, I bet you
will see the Pats going back to AM in some cities.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine