Re: Country music in French, and more...

   Bob Nelson wrote:

> --While scanning the dial near Fitchburg, I picked up
> country music in French on WOTW Nashua NH (900)!
> (About 9 am.) Haven't heard that before (even on my
> trips to Montreal). The lyrics and DJ patter were in
> French (including one French-language version of "You
> Were Always on My Mind", but it wasn't Willie) while
> ads/ IDs ran in English.

   You were listening to Maury Parent's French Program, which has been on
Nashua radio for many years. He started the show on the original incarnation
of WOTW along with then co-owned WOTW-FM (106.3, now WHOB and no relation to
today's WOTW). When he got bounced from WOTW, he took the show across the
Everett Turnpike to WSMN (1590). When 1590 showed him the door, he took the
French tunes downtown to WMVU, now WOTW again. Thus, Maury Parent (a/k/a Big
Moe) has appeared on both of Nashua's commercial AM frequencies and only
commercial FM frequency, a feat I don't think many others may have
accomplished. Only other person I can think of to have done that is Ken
Richards, who worked the old WOTW AM & FM, then went to WSMN for several
years.

Mark Watson