RE: Daytimer WOTW 900 AM Nashua to be 24/hr very soon!

The rules for PSRAs are looser than those for PSSAs. But
the FCC's public AM database doesn't list either PSRA or
PSSA powers. It does, however, list the night powers of
Class D AMs, even when the power is (as in the case of
WVBF 1530 Middleboro, MA) only 2W. I'm pretty sure that
WOTW has a PSRA and I could believe that the PSRA power
is 85W.

On a channel without Class A stations, a station with a
PSRA can sign on at 6:00 AM local time (standard or
daylight, whichever is in effect) using the PSRA power
during the period between 6:00 AM and local sunrise.

For stations on channels on which Class A stations
exist, the rules can get very complicated depending on
whether the Class D station is east or west of the Class
A and whehter the Class D is located inside or outside
of the Class A's 0.5 mV/m 50% skywave contour. 900 has a
Class A, but it's in Mexico (XEW, I believe), so I don't
think it could be factor for WOTW.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205