Re: Costa/Eagle Flip Flop Trifecta Weekend

Bill O offers:
> The new installation increased it's effective coverage 60 percent
> over it's previous kilowatt (1.7kW ERP, HAGL 39' to 1.4kW ERP, over
> 200' HAGL.)  Protects W(My Daddy Works for the FCC) PAA in Andover
> but sends the rest pretty well down 495, Rt 2, up 93 to Manchester,
> easily Nashua, Salem NH.  Better to the north than before, it seems.
> (Stick is atop the Fox SUB on North Campus.)  As for time on air,
> I'm out of area now, but the TIC had been capturing not only its
> subcarrier but full carrier during no jock availability time.

Sounds like the Spinners primary market. I remember a few years ago, our
papers at CNC (concentrated around Rtes. 2 and 3) ran a big spread on the
Spinners and they indeed get a good deal of people that come up from the
Woburn/Burlington/Wilmington area. And it would serve the entire region much
better than WCCM does. I wonder why they didn't look at the option in the
first place and how the Bob Ellis demand would be accommodated (then again
if he stays at the new WCCM I suppose this wouldn't be an issue)...

Also, for those that haven't heard, it looks like the Red Sox' AA
affiliation is headed to Portland and the Sea Dogs. The Spinners' owner,
Weber, is reportedly hoping to move the AA New Haven franchise up to
Manchester (I wonder if they can really support a minor-league baseball
*and* hockey team) and was hoping to become the Sox AA franchise.