RE: Costa/Eagle Flip Flop Trifecta Weekend

 Sean Smyth:
I wonder why they didn't look at
> the option in the
> first place and how the Bob Ellis demand would be
> accommodated (then again
> if he stays at the new WCCM I suppose this wouldn't be an
> issue)...

If the broadcast process of the games could factor-in use of WJUL
student members, e.g., training, color announce, tech, stringing,
etc.  The joint benefit is that the station gets some revenue, the
students get some skills support and the audience gets a strong FM
stereo signal, day and night.  Oh, and the station is licensed to
the team's city, not twenty miles down-river.  (Yes, Haverhill is
north but the Merrimack takes that odd-turn up to the Atlantic.)
And if the old joke, "Flush twice, it's a long way to Lawrence" had
meaning, just how many ballcocks and plungers must die to make it to
Haverhill?

Bill O'Neill