RE: Red Sox back to Channel 38 and 4

--- Hakim Madjid <HMadjid@mindspring.com> wrote:
> IMHO in the not to distant future I can see where
> the majority if not all
> pro sports TV (and big-time college for that
> matter), might be on pay
> per view cable. Goodbye, eventually to free
> over-the-air broadcasts of
> sports events.

That's what people were saying a couple of years ago,
but it doesn't seem to be heading that way.  The only
"sports" that have been really successful on PPV have
been boxing and pro-wrestling.

Until last year, NESN was a premium service on most
systems.  The Sox figured out that they would make
more money by going basic cable, getting more viewers,
and selling advertising.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine