Re: Red Sox back to Channel 38 and 4

Hakim writes:
> I first heard of this yesterday (Thursday 9/5/02) while listening to
> Sea/n McDonough's program on 1510 - that the Sox over-the-air TV
> rights would go to WSBK AND WBZ-TV (4) begining next season (2003).
>
> It looks like 5 exhibition, and a 'minimum' of 28 regular season
> games will be carried
> on the two CBS/Viacom afiliates (mostly Friday night contests. No
> word on how many
> games will be on TV-4 vs. Ch. 38.
>
> Also no word on if Sea/n McDonough and Jerry Remy will be retained as
> annoucers.
> Below (hopefully this link will work) is the URL to the WSBK PR realse
> regarding
> the Sox broadcast rights:

This is pretty similar to the deal that CBS has on WCBS in New York, where
they're airing a max of 25 games, except most of those are Sunday games
whereas these will be Friday nights, reportedly. I think this also goes to
show how much the Red Sox owners really need to pull in through NESN
revenues, I don't know how they're realistically going to afford the note
payments on this team.