William J. Flynn, R.I.P.

   Mentioned in Tuesday's Jim Baker Sports on TV/Radio column in the Boston
Herald : William J.Flynn, former GM of WSBK (Channel 38 Boston), star of
"Ask the Manager" during his tenure at 83 Leo Birmingham Parkway, and one of
the driving forces behind NESN (New England Sports Network) in it's early
years died of cancer in Naples, Florida. No other info mentioned in the
column, no obituary in the Herald today. I din't have a chance to read the
Boston Globe today, I'm not sure if they had anything on it.

   IIRC, Storer Broadcasting, who owned WSBK at the time, sent Mr. Flynn to
Cleveland in the mid 80's (?) to take over their TV station there (calls
escape me at the moment).

Mark Watson