Re: C-Net Radio Is Still There!

--- Joseph Gallant <notquite@hotmail.com> wrote:

> July 2nd, 2002
>
> As of 11:45 A.M. this morning (July 2nd), WBPS-890 was still broadcasting
> C/Net Radio.
>
> Since C/Net was supposed to vanish from WBPS yesterday, I'm qwondering what
> happened.

CNet was supposed to be pulled on Sunday at Midnight(or Monday
morning if you want to get really specific).

> Could WBPS be waiting for C/Net Radio to "go under" before changing formats?

I don't think so. According to CNet people are
communicated with this week, WBPS pull-out doesn't spell
the end of the hi-tech net...at least for now. There's
always Sirius or XM or its on-line stream if you were
a WBPS listener of CNET...

> Did WBPS' deal with Airtime fall apart, resulting in C/Net Radio remaining
> on 890, at leastfor now?

Not clear, but there's definitely something wrong.
Sometimes syndicated talk shows(that's what AirTime
is planning to air on AM 890) need to have additional dish
or two installed to get specific shows from certain
syndicators. Not sure if that's the case.

> All-in-all, while both C/Net and the format supposed to replace it on WBPS
> are both 24/7 birdfeed, I feel C/Net would be the better of the two. It does
> serve a niche, and I find it interesting to listen to at times.

CNET is not bird-fed to WBPS. All ISDN-piped.

Mark