Something else on 1670AM in Newton

This morning at 9am I was driving down Commonwealth Avenue in Newton,
turning onto Centre St. and I hear someone else on 1670AM besides
Allston-Brighton Free Radio.   This sounded like someone broadcasting a
telephone call to Moviefone and leaving the phone sitting there as the
automatic system kept repeating a whole bunch of listings, followed by
repeated prompts for someone to make a selection.

I was stuck in traffic heading into Newton Center (Centre and Beacon St) so
I got to listen for a few minutes, but it was weak to begin with and faded
out entirely as I crossed over the Green/D Line T tracks.

Strange choice of programming for a pirate, but equally weird for a
commercial station.  Anyone got any ideas who it was?   I'm reasonably sure
it wasn't ABfree - that signal almost always disappears by the time I pass
Boston College, if not sooner.

- Aaron

P.S. There's a studio advertising being "on air" at 1190AM and 1320AM via
neon signs in the windows...it's across from the McDonald's on Needham St.
near the FM-128 towers.   What's up with that studio?  Looks like something
I'd assemble in my bedroom but the audio quality is pretty good.

Aaron "Bishop" Read     aread@speakeasy.net
FriedBagels.com Technical Consulting
www.friedbagels.com   AOL-IM: ReadAaron
"I'm weird, but around here it's barely noticeable."