6:35 AM--WBPS still running C-Net

David Lawrence's C-Net East Coast Morning Show is gone--David announced last
week that the morning show was ending as of Friday's show, but I caught Doug
Stephan, who is supposed to be WBPS's new AM-drive host, before 6:00 AM
on WBNW-1120. There is no sign of him on 890.

WBPS is still running the C-Net feed, which is carrying reruns of last
week's programming. David Lawrence's On-Line tonight will continue--albeit
allegedly not on WBPS. OLT is syndicated by Salem and has--I think--80
affiliates, including C-Net Radio. WGN picks up the Saturday night edition.
When I was home on Saturday evenings, it was fun to tune in OLT on 890
because WLS runs Kim Komando opposite David Lawrence. On 890 around here, I
could usually hear two computer shows for the price of one. (OK, the mix was
often unintelligible.)

Good to know that Mega's new LMA partner is another company that really
cares ;>} C-Net never gave any indication of caring--zero promotion, not
even local weather on WBPS. I guess we're in for another six months of
programming that nobody listens to from a syndicator that doesn't care that
nobody listens. Mega has had some success in Hartford with an urban gold
format. Why don't they do that here? Sure, WILD's signal does better in
Roxbury than 890's--but not at night ;>) In a lot of this market, you can
choose between WBPS and WLS on 890 at night; instead of tuning the radio,
you turn (that is, rotate) the radio.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
617-558-4205, eFax 707-215-6367